Episode 8: Integrated Pest Management on Upstart Farms
Integrated Pest Management on Upstart Farms
Just about everybody is thinking about pest control around this time of year. Today we’ve got Dr. Nate and Amy Storey here to discuss what a good integrated pest management strategy looks like.
In this episode:
- (2:00) – Fresh With Edge’s common pests
- (2:42) – What is Integrated Pest Management all about?
- (4:40) – When to get an IPM strategy going
- (6:45) – Steps to setting up a strategy
- (11:00) – Lancaster Farms most common pests
- (11:55) – Types of control and examples
- (15:55) – Other tips for Upstart Farmers
- Spraying your greenhouse
- Benefits and rules of an IPM strategy
- Biological pest control
- Mechanical pest controls
- Cultural pest controls
- Find your Extension office
Special Thanks To…
- Chris Lukenbill and Hank Thornburg for their pest information!